Utah State University (USU) Cooperative Extension (Extension) is seeking applications for a Proposal Developer/Writer to lead the development, writing, and editing of proposals for external funding to support outreach programs and other activities appropriate for Extension in conjunction with on-campus and off-campus faculty. Extension is the outreach arm of USU with offices serving the people of Utah in every county in the State (extension.usu.edu). Annually, Extension secures millions in external grants and contracts, and the Proposal Developer/Writer should be capable of contributing to and enhancing this portfolio.
The Proposal Developer/Writer position will be challenging and requires a high-energy, self-starter with excellent technical writing and oral communications skills. Extension faculty have varying degrees of familiarity with the proposal development process. Consequently, the successful applicant must also be able to provide in-service training on proposal writing and development, especially to off-campus faculty. On-going employment is contingent upon performance, need, and availability of funding.
This position offers the opportunity to be housed in any of the Extension locations thought Utah.
• Write proposals for grants, contracts, and foundation requests that will support Extension programs.
• Provide help and support to faculty to turn ideas into effective proposals
• Identify potential funding opportunities and work with faculty to develop competitive responses
• Help develop networks with Extension faculty and other university researchers
• Work with Extension faculty to develop, write, and edit proposal content, including budgets
• Edit material for structure, completeness, accuracy, consistency, and appropriateness of content, as well as grammar and readability
• Develop or refine organizational boilerplate materials and develop new content to assist faculty in proposal writing
• Help increase proposal development knowledge and writing skills of Extension faculty through training and other support activities
• Prepare, manage, and submit proposals in a timely manner, working closely with Sponsored Programs and other university compliance offices
• Work closely and collaboratively with the staff of the Research Development Division of the Office of Research and Graduate Studies
• BS/BA in applicable field, plus 6+ years of directly related experience – or – MS/MA in applicable field, plus 4+ years of directly-related experience
• Experience writing, coordinating, and managing proposals to federal, state, or private funding sources
• Advanced proficiency in MS Word and Excel, and basic working proficiency in PowerPoint
• Flexibility, versatility, and ability to work multiple projects with tight deadlines
• Ability to facilitate proposal development by faculty with diverse backgrounds and experience across departmental, disciplinary, and institutional boundaries
• Excellent understanding of major funders of programmatic implementation and demonstration grants
• Excellent understanding of Extension and land-grant Universities
• Extensive experience writing successful funding requests/proposals
Along with the online application, please attach:
2.Resume to be attached on the applicant profile.
Please do not attach cover letter. You will be insructed to copy and paste your cover letter in the application.
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utah’s land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately 28,000 students (25,000 undergraduates and 3,000 graduate students) on the Logan main campus, four regional campuses, two USU Eastern campuses, and 28 centers throughout the state. USU offers 162 undergraduate majors, 153 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials. The 2018 rankings from Washington Monthly ranked USU as one of the top 30 national Universities and the 5th best public national university in the nation. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price. Additional information about Utah State University can be found at: https://www.usu.edu/about/at-a-glance/.
A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human capital. Through the practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of the public good.
The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region. Additional information about Logan can be found at: http://www.loganutah.org/visitors/about_logan/index.php.
USU recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the university’s academic mission of learning, discovery, and engagement (https://www.usu.edu/president/missionstatement/). USU is an AA/EO employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy or local, state, or federal law. Learn more at www.aaeo.usu.edu/non-discrimination. USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program. Additional information can be found at: http://www.usu.edu/provost/faculty-life/dual-career-assistance.cfm.
Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes. The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions.
Utah State University (http://www.usu.edu) is Utah's Land-Grant Institution with an approximate enrollment of 28,000 students. Through the Extension system, the University extends research based information across the state. Extension faculty support elected officials and citizens in all 29 Utah counties.
Software Powered by iCIMS