The Printmaking Lab Manager oversees the daily operations, management, and maintenance of the printmaking studio. The Incumbent will ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the studio and the safe use and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
First review date: June 15
Management/Training Duties 76%
• Oversees and manages the day-to-day technical, educational, and research support activities conducted in the studio; resolves problems and issues as they arise.
• Researches and assists in the purchasing and inventory of supplies for classes, resale, and the materials needed for maintenance of the facility.
• Keeps up to date on technical developments in the field as they relate to the curriculum, technical processes, and materials and equipment including computer hardware and software.
• Trains students on proper use of the equipment, materials, and supplies.
• Responsible for the enforcement of safety standards.
• Responsible for contacting HAZMAT to remove solvents, acid, solvent rags, and any additional hazardous materials.
• Performs routine and preventive maintenance and repair on studio equipment; ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment, materials, and supplies.
• Make sure the Material Safety Data binder in the studio is current and accessible.
• Establishes and maintains policies regarding safe use of the facilities and equipment.
• Supervises student employees
• Works with printmaking faculty in coordinating and facilitating Visiting Artists.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Teaches up to two studio courses each semester.
MFA in printmaking
Thorough knowledge of all printmaking processes
Strong management skills
Effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills
Teaching experience in a university setting
Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
Two years training, teaching, or mentoring experience beyond graduate school in a university setting.
Studio or lab management experience.
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Cover Letter
2. Resume/CV to be uploaded to the applicant profile
3. Please upload the following images to the link below:
-10-15 images of applicant's artwork (label files: FirstName_LastName_Personal_xx)
-10 images of student artwork ((label files: FirstName_LastName_Student_xx)
-A word doc containing an image list for applicant’s work and student work. (FirstName_LastName_Descrition List)
Please do not attach cover letter; you will be instructed to copy and paste your cover letter in the application.
Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utah’s land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately 28,000 students (25,000 undergraduates and 3,000 graduate students) on the Logan main campus, four regional campuses, two USU Eastern campuses, and 28 centers throughout the state. USU offers 162 undergraduate majors, 153 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials. The 2018 rankings from Washington Monthly ranked USU as one of the top 30 national Universities and the 5th best public national university in the nation. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price. Additional information about Utah State University can be found at: https://www.usu.edu/about/at-a-glance/.
A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human capital. Through the practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of the public good.
The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region. Additional information about Logan can be found at: http://www.loganutah.org/visitors/about_logan/index.php.
USU recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the university’s academic mission of learning, discovery, and engagement (https://www.usu.edu/president/missionstatement/). USU is an AA/EO employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy or local, state, or federal law. Learn more at www.aaeo.usu.edu/non-discrimination. USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program. Additional information can be found at: http://www.usu.edu/provost/faculty-life/dual-career-assistance.cfm.
Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes. The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions.
Welcome to Utah State University's Department of Art + Design where we make and study art in a beautiful place. Our stunning location in a lovely mountain valley is unique and it's just one of the things that makes the educational experience here exceptional. We are nationally accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design and proud of the high quality arts education we provide for our students. Our faculty are deeply committed to teaching and creative scholarship and our alumni go on to successful careers in the arts in the Intermountain West and around the world. Each year we host a vibrant series of visiting artists and designers and many of our students travel in the United States and abroad on faculty-led trips. Wherever you want to go, USU's Department of Art + Design can get you there.
Software Powered by iCIMS