Conference Services is one part of the overarching USU Event Services department. We handle numerous conferences throughout the year, many of which repeat annually. The task of the registration assistant is to assist the Registration Coordinator with answering phone calls and emails with registration questions, taking registration payments and preparing registration materials for on and off-site conferences.
As the registration team, we help with about 75% of the conferences facilitated by USU Event Services. We work directly with conference attendees, helping them register when needed, taking payments, and answering any of their questions regarding the event. Some of our events are quite small (around 50 people), while others have more than 1,000 people. Often, registration is open for multiple conferences at the same time, and you will need to be able to juggle all of them.
Your specific duties as the registration assistant are answering phone calls/emails regarding registration (customer service), data entry, taking payments, and traveling onsite (in and out of state).
Position MAY require working weekends or evenings during travel to offsite conferences.
1. Registration Office Management Percentage of Time: 90%
• Assist the Registration Coordinator in all aspects of event and conference registration
• Enter registrations into database from phone calls, emails, facsimile and mail notifications
• Process payments following the department cash handling procedures; some collection responsibilities
• Answer phone calls and respond to e-mails
• Process registration requests from Program Coordinators
• Assist with mail distribution
2. On-site Registration Assistance Percentage of Time: 10%
• Name badge set-up, printing and preparation, and attendee check-in
• Travel as needed
• Other duties as needed
• One year customer service and office experience
• Typing speed of 45+ with accuracy
• Proficient use of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and ability to learn new software programs
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent phone skills
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
• Cheerful and positive attitude
• Ability to work well independently and as a team
• Willing to go above and beyond for customer satisfaction
• Preference given for previous USU experience
Assistance is available if you need help with the application/hiring process. Qualified women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 require that work eligibility be documented for all new employees. Please be prepared to verify eligibility for employment if hired at the University. AA/EOE
Along with the online application, please attach:
1.Resume to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in your profile under “Resume/CV”
2. 3 references with full contact information (2 professional references and 1 personal reference not related to you) to be submitted at the beginning of your application under your profile
3.Cover letter to be typed/pasted at the end of your application addressed to Allison Allred outlining the following:
• Why this position is of interest to you
• Your short-term goals
• Your long-term goals
• If you know of required time off needed in the summer and upcoming year, please specify that in your cover letter
4. Class schedule for Summer 2020 (if applicable) and Fall 2020 to be typed/pasted at the end of your application under "Other documents"
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes. The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and may lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utah’s land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately 27,800 students (24,660 undergraduates and 3,140 graduate students) on the Logan main campus. Utah State’s statewide system features eight campuses and 23 education centers and serves all counties in the state with Extension programs. USU offers 165 undergraduate majors, 138 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials. Washington Monthly ranked USU 14th in their national university rankings in 2019 and the 5th best public national university in the nation in 2018. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price. Additional information about Utah State University can be found here.
A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human capital. Through the practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of the public good.
The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region.
USU recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the university’s academic mission of learning, discovery, and engagement. USU is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any of its programs and activities based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy or local, state, or federal law (https://equity.usu.edu/non-discrimination).
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding USU’s non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of the Office of Equity Alison Adams-Perlac, firstname.lastname@example.org, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266; Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, email@example.com, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266.
For further information on the notice of non-discrimination, you may contact the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights, 303-844-5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov.
Learn more at: https://equity.usu.edu/.
USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program to support careers for partners who are also seeking employment.
Software Powered by iCIMS