We are searching for a communications (50%) social media (50%) student assistant to support the strategic communication development and social media content creation and management across all channels of the ASPIRE (Advancing Sustainability through Powered Infrastructure for Roadway Electrification) NSF Research Center, with a main focus on the website, press releases, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. The role of this job is twofold. Half of the time of this position will be spent to support the ASPIRE communications manager, while the other half is designated to working with the social media manager. This involves reporting to the ASPIRE communication committee and reaching out to faculty members and staff at ASPIRE in order to generate content ideas and news.
*Applicants must be current students at one of the following universities: Utah State University, Purdue University, University of Texas El Paso, or University of Colorado Boulder. Candidates will be able to work remotely.*
• Research best practices and resources to further refine communication and social media strategies
• Support development of cross-channel communication strategies targeted at various stakeholder groups
• Help develop PR content for website, newsletter, events and press materials
• Help create and plan social media content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
• Research the latest news and updates from the center to be consolidated into social media postings
• Frequently communicate with faculty members and staff about latest news and achievements
• Report to and work with approval from the ASPIRE social media manager and communication committee
• Create timeline plans for strategic communication across all channels
• Publish engaging social media content
• Interact with audiences, manage community members and online replies/communication
• Engage and grow following
• Monitor analytics to identify viable ideas
• A current student at one of the following universities: Utah State University, Purdue University, University of Texas El Paso, or University of Colorado Boulder.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong copy writing and editing skills
• Experience in strategic social media planning
• Skilled in social media content creation for businesses
• Strong interest and knowledge of social media marketing and social spaces
• Attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Able to work effectively with minimum supervision; initiative is fundamental
• Able to manage working with faculty across the center
• Experience in management of a business's primary social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn) a plus
• Experience with social media analytics (Google Analytics and Facebook Insights)
• Interest in and association with electric vehicles, renewable energy, air quality, or other media experience related to new technology programs.
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Resume to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Resume/CV”
2. Cover Letter to be typed/pasted at the end of your application
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes. The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions.
Background: The ASPIRE NSF Engineering Research Center
The ASPIRE NSF Engineering Research Center is led by USU and brings together industry members and leading engineering researchers from various institutions to develop solutions that match global electrified transportation challenges and opportunities. Recent projects include the USU Electric Vehicle and Roadway (EVR) research facility and electrified test track, where researchers develop innovative hardware solutions for electric vehicle charging infrastructure and battery systems. Learn more here: ASPIRE website: https://aspire.usu.edu/about/index
Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utah’s land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately 27,700 students (24,660 undergraduates and 3,040 graduate students) on the Logan main campus. Utah State’s statewide system features eight campuses and 23 education centers and serves all counties in the state with Extension programs. USU offers 114 undergraduate majors, 132 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials. Washington Monthly ranked USU 14th in their national university rankings in 2019 and the 5th best public national university in the nation in 2018. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price. Additional information about Utah State University can be found here.
A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human capital. Through the practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of the public good.
The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region.
Notice of Non-discrimination
In its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Utah State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or USU’s non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of the Office of Equity Alison Adams-Perlac, email@example.com, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266
Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, firstname.lastname@example.org, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266.
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit https://equity.usu.edu/, or contact:
U.S. Department of EducationOffice of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 800-421-3481, OCR@ed.gov
U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, 303-844-5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov
USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program to support careers for partners who are also seeking employment.
Software Powered by iCIMS