Responsible for all administrative tasks pertaining to SBDC/CF Department Functions.
• Assist with production of Annual Report, newsletters, and other publications.
• Maintain records, including client, student, and trainings and tracking and reporting as needed.
• Creating basic CF contracts.
• May be required to act as liaison between programs and community.
• General day to day office responsibilities and duties.
• Responsible for data input of clients.
• Market research.
• Assist director with new client orientations; familiarize new clients with services provided, basic business assistance, options, policies and procedures; assist with scheduling and registration.
• Design and administer lesson plans for business training and other related courses.
• Assist clients with business plans and other related forms.
• Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
• Education and/or experience: Asoociate degree in related field required or three years experience and /or training in a related field.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before group of customers or employees of organization.
• Computer skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of spreadsheet software, word processing software, database systems, internet and e-mail.
• Be able to type 50 wpm.
• Must possess outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work with individuals of all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds including those with disabilities
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Resume/CV to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Resume/CV”
2. Cover letter to be typed/pasted at the end of your application
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes. The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and may lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utah’s land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately 27,700 students (24,660 undergraduates and 3,040 graduate students) on the Logan main campus. Utah State’s statewide system features eight campuses and 23 education centers and serves all counties in the state with Extension programs. USU offers 114 undergraduate majors, 132 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials. Washington Monthly ranked USU 14th in their national university rankings in 2019 and the 5th best public national university in the nation in 2018. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price. Additional information about Utah State University can be found here.
A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human capital. Through the practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of the public good.
The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region.
Notice of Non-discrimination
In its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Utah State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or USU’s non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of the Office of Equity Alison Adams-Perlac, email@example.com, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266
Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, firstname.lastname@example.org, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266.
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit https://equity.usu.edu/, or contact:
U.S. Department of EducationOffice of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 800-421-3481, OCR@ed.gov
U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, 303-844-5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov
USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program to support careers for partners who are also seeking employment.
Software Powered by iCIMS