Custom Fit (CF) Training specialist will work directly under the CF Regional Coordinator. They will oversee most of the administrative and operational activities for the Moab region CF Program in Grand County. Responsibilities will also extend into Carbon, Emery, and San Juan Counties in Southeastern Utah. As CF Specialist they conduct industry job/training needs analysis and establishes training agreements to address those needs. Plans and designs performance-based training for companies and industries located primarily in the Moab area. They will coordinate with instructors to develop and deliver the training which is identified in customized training plans. They Custom Fit industry project and training records to comply with state and institutional requirements, processes, procedures, & reporting.
In addition, the specialist may oversee all educational workshops and other events offered by the Center and its partners that provide management training to small business owners in the area. The specialist works closely with other regional CF specialists and directors from around the State and coordinates relevant activities internally within Utah State University's colleges and departments.
1. Conducts industry job/training needs analysis and establishes training agreements to address those needs.
2. Plans and designs performance-based training for companies and industries located primarily in the Grand and San Juan Counties and in Green River and as occasion requires throughout Carbon, and Emery, Counties.
3. Coordinates with instructors to develop and deliver the training which is identified in customized training plans.
4. Maintains Custom Fit industry project and training records to comply with state and institutional requirements, processes, procedures, & reporting.
5. Coordinates the self-supporting workshop and conference activities of the campus.
6. Monitors project activities to ensure client satisfaction, quality and effectiveness of instructional materials and overall project success.
7. Develops and maintains positive customer relations and visibility through professional and positive actions with the customer.
8. Maintains professional knowledge of current trends and developments in the field and applies pertinent new knowledge to performance of other responsibilities.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Associates Degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or related field.
2. Two (2) years of directly related experience.
Note: Directly related work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Resume to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Resume/CV”
2. Cover Letter to be typed/pasted into a text box at the end of your application
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
The environment and physical requirements may change depending on the specific function of the work each department performs. Incumbents may be in both indoor and outdoor environments. Indoors, in an office space, event space, or public space are protected from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes. Incumbents may nearly continuously sit and often use repetitive hand motion (such as typing).
Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utah’s land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately 27,700 students (24,660 undergraduates and 3,040 graduate students) on the Logan main campus. Utah State’s statewide system features eight campuses and 23 education centers and serves all counties in the state with Extension programs. USU offers 114 undergraduate majors, 132 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials. Washington Monthly ranked USU 14th in their national university rankings in 2019 and the 5th best public national university in the nation in 2018. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price. Additional information about Utah State University can be found here.
A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human capital. Through the practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of the public good.
The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region.
Notice of Non-discrimination
In its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Utah State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or USU’s non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of the Office of Equity Alison Adams-Perlac, email@example.com, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266
Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, firstname.lastname@example.org, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266.
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit https://equity.usu.edu/, or contact:
U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 800-421-3481, OCR@ed.gov
U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, 303-844-5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov
USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program to support careers for partners who are also seeking employment.
Software Powered by iCIMS