Under general direction and guidance, the Certified Flight Instructor provides leadership and direction for flight students in Logan, Utah. Incumbent serves as a mentor to flight instructors and students alike; assists to ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Training Course Outline, and USU operational procedures in the training of students; maintains continuous education, follows all operating procedures, and meticulously completes assignments. In addition to assisting with other assignments from chief and assistant chief flight instructors.
Instructors will be hired at a FULL TIME BENEFITED position.
• Supervises flight training activities and flight students
• Monitors and evaluates flight performance
• Advises the lead flight instructors
• Performs stage checks, end-of-course tests, and flight instructor proficiency checks
• Ensures compliance with FARs
• Assists in conducting initial and annual recurrent standardization of flight instructors
• Assists in the development and maintenance of standardized teaching techniques and procedures
• Participates in recruitment, interviews, and recommendations of prospective flight instructors
• Interviews prospective students and parents
• Monitors progress of students and student training records
• Maintains safety manual and assists in teaching classes on campus, at airports, or as directed
• Schedules and leads meetings with flight instructor staff
• Performs other duties as assigned
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Resume to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Resume/CV”
2. Copy of FAA ratings to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Documents 1-5”
3. Cover Letter to be to be typed/pasted into a text box at the end of application
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
Employees work indoors and are protected from weather and/or contaminants, but not, necessarily, occasional temperature changes. The employee is regularly required to sit and often uses repetitive hand motions.
Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is Utah’s land-grant and space-grant university. USU is one of only 146 research institutions in the U.S. classified as R1 “very high research activity” by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU provides a high-quality education at an affordable price. With its main campus in Logan, the university serves approximately 27,500 students, including 24,255 undergraduates and 3,171 graduate students. USU Online has served students from all 50 states and 55 countries for 25 years.
USU’s statewide system features three residential campuses, 30 total campus locations, and 23 Extension education centers. The university employees 903 full-time faculty members, 124 executive administrators, and 1,649 full-time support staff. USU offers 115 undergraduate majors, as well as 91 master’s and 42 doctoral degrees. Learn more about USU.
A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human capital. Through the practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of the public good.
The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah, a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region.
USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program to support careers for partners who are also seeking employment.
USU endeavors to provide reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access in all aspects of employment to qualified persons with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact the university’s ADA Coordinator in the Human Resource office at 435-797-0122 or submit a request at email@example.com.
USU Land Acknowledgment
Please visit our website to learn about Utah State’s land acknowledgment of the eight tribes of Utah.
Notice of Non-discrimination
In its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Utah State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or USU’s non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of the Office of Equity Matthew Pinner, firstname.lastname@example.org, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266
Title IX Coordinator Hilary Renshaw, email@example.com, Old Main Rm. 161, 435-797-1266
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit https://equity.usu.edu/, or contact:
U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 800-421-3481, OCR@ed.gov
U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, 303-844-5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov
Software Powered by iCIMS