The Utah State University Admissions Office seeks energetic student-oriented individual to join our Recruitment Team. The Regional Admissions Specialists is primarily responsible for recruitment efforts within an assigned territory. This position requires excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as the candidate will work with prospective students, parents, counselors, USU departments, and other constituents.
Recruitment at USU is a team effort. The successful candidate will be instrumental in recruiting targeted student populations, exploring/identifying potential growth markets, and building relationships among all USU campuses and colleges. The candidate must be a self-starter, work well both independently and in a team.
This is a part-time (maximum of 29 hours per week) position and allows for flexibility in the work schedule. The required work location for this position is Oregon, Washington, California or the Boise, Idaho area.
• Build relationships with students, parents, high school counselors and administrators, USU community members, alumni, and other constituents.
• Provide prospective students with information about Utah State University, assist them through the admissions and scholarship application process, and facilitate their enrollment.
• Create a vision, identify potential growth areas, set goals, and track progress for assigned territory. Accountable for lead generation and conversion into enrollment.
• Work with high school counselors and administrators to facilitate students' college planning, admission, and enrollment.
• Collaborate with USU community members (departments, faculty, staff, alumni) to develop programs and initiatives for student recruitment.
Recruitment Event Involvement
• Initiate, plan, and facilitate territory recruitment events (e.g., High School Visits, Junior College Visits, High School College Fairs).
• Participate in out-of-state recruitment events (e.g., Open Houses, Receptions, Counselor Conferences)
Recruitment Team Membership
• Engage with the Recruitment Team, Admissions Office, and others to advance the organizational and university mission and vision.
• Identify and implement existing and new recruitment programs and initiatives.
• Attend and contribute to meetings and trainings (e.g., team meetings, recruitment training).
• Identify and participate in professional development opportunities (e.g., trainings, conferences).
• Support team members in their roles and responsibilities.
• Four years of related experience; OR an associate degree plus two years of related experience; OR a bachelor's degree OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of directly related experience in university admissions or recruitment.
• Previous knowledge, relationship and experience with Utah State University
• Strong customer service orientation, experience, and knowledge with the ability to apply those skills in creating positive relationships with others.
• Ability to work with various audiences, including prospective students (traditional & post-traditional), parents, counselors, alumni, university community members, and other constituents.
• Effective presentation and speaking skills, especially with presenting a positive message to groups and one-on-one.
• Familiarity with Customer Relations Management Software (Recruit, Salesforce), Banner, and other university software systems.
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Resume/CV to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Resume/CV”
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
The environment and physical requirements may change depending on the specific function of the work each department performs. Incumbents may be in both indoor and outdoor environments. Indoors, in an office space, event space, or public space are protected from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes. Incumbents may nearly continuously sit and often use repetitive hand motion (such as typing).
Outdoors, incumbents may not be protected from weather conditions and may be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold. Additionally, indoor or outdoor work environments may include being confined or in narrow spaces for periods of time. The incumbent may also be exposed to loud noises or vibrations from equipment, and conditions that may affect the respiratory system, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation. Bending, crawling, and crouching may be required. Incumbents may be required to lift, push, and/or pull objects up to 50 pounds and be required to walk and/or stand for long periods of time.
Admissions Office Mission Statement:
Our mission is to recruit, admit, and enroll students who are the best fit for Utah State University; to maintain the livelihood of the university through programs and services; and achieve annual enrollment goals by keeping the individual student as our focus. We delight in serving as the front door to Utah State University and setting the tone for the unique experience awaiting our future and returning students.
Founded in 1888, Utah State University is Utah’s premier land-grant and space-grant university, with a strong commitment to excellence, access, and inclusion. USU serves approximately 27,500 students throughout the state at three residential campuses, eight statewide campuses, and 23 education centers. USU Online has served students from all 50 states and 55 countries for over 25 years, and USU Extension provides outreach and service to all counties in Utah.
As a land-grant university, USU engages communities and empowers people to lead successful lives of involvement, innovation, and impact. As an R1 research institution, USU provides a high-quality undergraduate and graduate education at an affordable price. Washington Monthly has consistently ranked USU in the top 10 among public universities for contribution to social mobility, research, and public service.
Utah State is committed to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community where different perspectives, values, cultures, and identities are acknowledged, welcomed, and valued. We seek to recruit, hire, and retain people from all walks of life who will champion excellence in education, research, discovery, outreach, and service. We believe that promoting a strong sense of community and belonging empowers and engages all members of USU to thrive and be successful. Learn more about USU.
The university provides a Dual Career Assistance Program to support careers for partners who are also seeking employment. Additionally, USU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, contact the university’s ADA Coordinator in the Office of Human Resources at (435) 797-0122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Region
U.S. News and World Report ranked Utah first for its strong economy, fiscal stability, education, and health care. Outstanding outdoor recreational opportunities abound throughout the state, including five national parks, 43 state parks and recreation areas, and 15 alpine ski resorts. The home of USU’s main campus, Logan, is a city of 54,000-plus people in a picturesque mountain valley 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. The Logan metro area claimed the top spot in the Milken Institute’s 2022 ranking for best-performing small cities in the nation.
In its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Utah State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state, or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or USU’s non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of the Office of Equity Matthew Pinner, email@example.com, Distance Education Rm. 401, 435-797-1266
Title IX Coordinator Cody Carmichael, firstname.lastname@example.org, Distance Education Rm. 404, 435-797-1266
Mailing address: 5100 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit https://equity.usu.edu/, or contact:
U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 800-421-3481, OCR@ed.gov
Software Powered by iCIMS